I have finally finished the last of my pre-op requirements. The last was the psych exam. I was really nervous about it. I was afraid she would see through me and tell me I was crazy and couldn't have the surgery until I had intense therapy. There really is nothing wrong with me but you never know how someone else might see you. I also have this problem with words coming out of my mouth and I can't catch them before they spill out. I say the wrong thing or my sarcasm isn't picked up right away, I am also pretty straight forward. So I was worried about how she might word certain questions in order to see if I was nuts. Thankfully, I am not nuts, or at least she doesn't think I am!
The doc's office said they would submit the paperwork today to the insurance company and I can hope to hear back in 5-7 business days. So I am giving it 10 business days and I hope it doesn't take longer than that, I really don't want to have to email/call the doc's office. I am sure they get plenty of other calls...but I will if I have to.
*sigh*
I can't wait to look back on this blog and think "Boy, was I in a hurry, or what?!"
I am in a hurry! I hate being fat, even more now, knowing that I am actually on the right track towards fixing it. When I would do weight watchers (which does work, if you can stick with it) I would always wonder how long I could keep it up. Even at the start I knew I was going to fail. I knew my own willpower was really lacking. I feel so good about this though. I know I am not going to fail. I can't. I won't. If I honestly felt like I wouldn't be able to do this to its full extent I would not be having surgery. And surgery seems so drastic that I can't fuck it up.
That's it for now...hopefully the next time I update it will be with news of a YES from my insurance company. So cross your fingers, toes, eyes and whatever else you can twist together for me!!
T
Bullshit and Some Truth
7 years ago

2 comments:
Can I be your first follower?
My fingers, toes, legs (because I can now) and eyes are crossed that you'll get a yes soon!
I so know that the anticipation is almost unbearable. I was obsessed while waiting, contantly reading blogs and LBT. I'm still obsessed with reading blogs, but more for socializing with people I relate to than for info. The info is a bonus.
Amy W was also one of my firsts. She's freakin awesome.
Yay! Of course you can be my first! I just posted on your blog and didn't see that you had commented on mine earlier. Thanks for crossing everything and congrats on crossing the legs!! I can't wait to be able to do that again!
Post a Comment