Search This Blog

Friday, May 7, 2010

Updates!!

Posted by Thea G at 5/07/2010 01:16:00 AM
Hello to myself....since no one else is reading this.  I am still going to blog (hopefully regularly) because I normally can't remember anything except things that aren't important!  So to be able to go back and look at how far I have come and what my thoughts were as I was starting this whole process is really exciting and hopefully motivating.

So on to the news.

Yesterday I spoke about having my nutritionist appointment today and that went waaaay easier than I thought it would be.  I was ready to spill my guts to this woman and she never really asked me about habits.  I freaked for nothing!!  Did I fill out the paper so well that she didn't need to ask or is this really just a formality in order to get approval?  Who cares, I know what my issues are and I am ready to have those things be a distant memory.  She mostly told me what to expect and how pre-op and post-op eating would be.  But I was already well informed on those things, but it was still nice to hear from a professional, it just made it all real.

I emailed or tried to email the doctor's office, my caseworker (is that what you would call them??) has changed a few times since I have started this journey.  Currently, I have been assigned to Lupe, who at first was kinda hard to get in touch with.  Not nearly as hard as my previous caseworker, Susie.  I tried emailing Lupe after my call with the nutritionist and stupid technology was against me!! The wireless shut itself down and I didn't know if she had gotten my email a million times or not at all! I did hit send waaay too many times.  So I decided to call and Susie answered (cringe!) she said Lupe wasn't available and would answer my questions instead.  Honestly, I felt like she was giving me bullshit answers.  I felt unsatisfied with it for a few hours.  I worked in a hospital and my job was heavy customer service and I knew what it was to be like on the other line - and I know the brush off when I hear it.

So, a few hours later, I called again. I know, I bugged the office today, but this is my life and they really don't care, I am just another person to them...and as I have been told before "the squeaky wheel gets the grease".  I got Lupe on the phone after no less than 10mins on hold, but it was worth it.  All my questions answered and my endo test scheduled, its on 5/18 at 9am in Huntington Beach, much closer to me than the main location in Beverly Hills.  Oh, and I will also be having my surgery in Huntington Beach instead of at Cedar Sinai.  I tried to keep the conversation light and funny so she would remember that I made her laugh not that I called a bazillion times. She also told me not to talk to Susie because i would just get confused! HAHA, sounds like office drama.  So glad I don't have to deal with that anymore...not that I really did before I worked with all men and I was the only female and in some cases almost 30yrs younger than most of them.  It was awesome, I miss them so much.  *tear*

Maybe I will hand off my resume (still unemployed, but not looking) to Dr. Feiz (my surgeon) and tell him how motivated I will be to give his clients/patients the same feeling of hope and excitement that I got when I first started this process.  And be a actual live result in his office...eventually.  I can dream, right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Truffle Shuffle Girl! Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare