Search This Blog

Monday, May 3, 2010

My first blog EVER!

Posted by Thea G at 5/03/2010 01:31:00 AM
And I am really excited about it.

A quick bit of info about yours truly...

Hi, I'm Thea! *waving*

I'm 30! 30! Wow, how did that happen? Am I really that old already? And before any of you say anything just remember that this is the oldest I have ever been, so I'm allowed to obsess.
I'm married and I have a 2yr old son.  I got laid off from the best job I ever had recently and since then I have become a 24/7 couch potato..instead of the normal 4hrs after work couch potato...or was I the only one that planted my ass on the couch after work?

I am  5'5 and 257lbs!  I have been overweight since I was 5, and obese since I was 18. I have decided to get the lap band.  I can't lose weight on my own successfully and I know that I can do it with the lap band.

Luckily, since being laid off and having my insurance benefits taken away I am now on my husband's insurance and they only provide PPO.  The reason I didn't do this sooner was because I was I had HMO previously and could not afford to pay cash for the lap band and my doctor was not at all supportive of WLS and straight out told me he would not help but gave me an Rx for Phentermine, thanks Dr. N...that's all I need, speed.  :/

So with my shiny new insurance card, I am in the process of getting approved.  Up until today its been smooth sailing, met with a lap band doc about 2 weeks ago and did the 9,367,287 pages of questions and I am still waiting to speak to the nutritionist and psychologist before the doctor's office submits all of my paperwork for approval.

So that's it for now...I will post on how things are going as soon as I know.

I decided to write this blog because I was so inspired by Amy W.  I read every last one of her blogs on her WL journey and knew that I had a fighting chance because I felt like I was reading my own story when she told us how she got started.  So this "shout out" is to you, Amy.  Thanks for posting your story and thanks to LBT for letting me find it.  I have faith now that I won't fail.

Thanks for reading my  new blog.

Thea

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Truffle Shuffle Girl! Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare