Today I had my endoscopy. Honestly, I was really freaked out about this. I imagined someone rolling in a green garden hose and saying "Open wide!" Thankfully, that was not the case.
The office I had my endoscopy at was also a plastic surgery center. Most of the people there were having implants, lipo and tummy tucks. I must have looked way out of place with all those thin girls. My buddy, Rosario, is also getting the lap band and was there with me and having her own endoscopy at the same time. It was nice to have someone there with me telling snake and hose jokes.
So after a long waiting period in pre-op I was finally walked in. They asked basic questions and gave me this blue thing to stick in my mouth that looked like a bite guard. I saw the doctor prepping the hose which was a lot smaller than I had imagined. It was about the diameter of a pencil. I pretty much just closed my eyes at that point and the next thing I knew I was awake again! Awesome! Painless and pretty easy and minimal drool. The doctor told me I was put under "twilight" sedation and they used Propofol (sp?) the same thing that Michael Jackson was on. I did feel pretty relaxed when I woke up, not fidgety and no sore throat. I was home about an hour later.
I know that my surgery will be there in Huntington Beach on a Thursday afternoon (today they said Dr. Feiz only comes there on Thursday) but it is not scheduled yet and after today's great experience I am even more ready and less scared. I am still waiting for an approval from the insurance company.
So, that was today's events. Boring, huh? I wish I had something profound to say! Even I was bored with my blog! HA HA.
Bullshit and Some Truth
7 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment