Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Smoking...

Posted by Thea G at 9/01/2010 08:05:00 PM
I'm a smoker.  Please hold all curses till the end of the blog.  I have smoked for 17 years...remember when I said I was 30...yeah, I started at 13.  BOOO! HISS!!!  I know! I hear you!

Dr. Feiz said I MUST STOP smoking 2 weeks before my surgery and those 2 weeks start tomorrow.

I have quit smoking a few times before and I guess since I am still a smoker now that those times weren't exactly a success.  I have stopped for previous surgeries, pregnancy, and boyfriend # 8.  After boyfriend #8 I decided to date a smoker cause it wasn't worth the drama.  Herein lies my issues with stopping.  My husband smokes, he likes to talk while he smokes.  So do I.  The phone rings, I grab a cigarette and head outside.  My husband tried to quit smoking about 3 days before I had the baby and while I was in hour 16 of labor I told him to "Get the *bleep* out of my face and go smoke!"  In my defense, he was driving me up the damn wall and I had enough stress going on and he needed to calm down.

My husband cannot quit easily, he goes through major withdrawals and mood changes and we fight.  He is planning on quitting with me and while I am 100% sure that I am done smoking for good, I can't say he is. So I will be fighting with seeing him smoke and wanting to do the same.

BUT! I will not smoke because this surgery means the world to me and I have been through too much trying to get it.

So tomorrow starts smoke free day #1.

Wish me luck!
T

1 comments:

Beth on September 1, 2010 at 9:15 PM said...

I know how hard it is to quit smoking ( I have watched my mom try for basically my whole life) and I struggle with my own sugar addiction - so I wish you good luck and to just hang in there and know everyday it will get easier and easier until eventually you will totally forget how much you loved and needed your addiction (whether we're talking about food or cigarettes) . I have faith in you

Post a Comment

 

Truffle Shuffle Girl! Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare