Search This Blog

Sunday, September 19, 2010

I am banded! WOO HOO!

Posted by Thea G at 9/19/2010 10:00:00 AM
I finally had surgery this past Thursday! It feels like I waited forever!!

Surgery day...
I arrived at 10am, like they instructed, with a surgery time of 11:30am.  I was immediately taken to pre-op for IV hook up, pee test...and was told to just hang out until they were ready for me.  So I waited, and waited and waited! At about 12:30p they told me that my doctor hadn't shown up yet! And they also said that when he says he wants a surgery at 11:30am it usually means 2:30.  I am so glad I brought a book! My doc finally arrived at 2:30ish and I was finally walked into the surgery room at 3:30.  I don't remember much, just waking up in recovery around 5pm with some pain, not bad pain but enough that I wanted something for it.  I sipped 2 small cups of hot water, got dressed and left.  I got home, got in bed and that was about the gist of my day.

Day 2...
Sore.....ouch....

Day 3....
Sore....dizzy....ouch

Day 4....
I am feeling a lot better!  I did end up taking a gas strip, the gas pain hasn't been very bad till today.

I can't believe I actually have the band now.  It just seemed like a distant possibility!

I have a week and a half left for liquids and then I start my 2 weeks of mushies.  I'm on my way!!!

T

1 comments:

Alison on September 20, 2010 at 5:52 AM said...

Congratulations! the worst days are over now.

Post a Comment

 

Truffle Shuffle Girl! Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare