Search This Blog

Monday, June 28, 2010

I finally have some news to share!

Posted by Thea G at 6/28/2010 06:45:00 PM
Hello!

I have been dutifully calling BC/BS and Lupe at the doctor's office every Friday for the last month or so.  Just to sum it up, BC/BS always said they had nothing on file and don't have anything pending and Lupe would always tell me it was crap and she would follow up and call me.  She never did call me those weeks.

Today I got a call from her finally and she said my approval was almost 95% in the bag, I just have to get an updated physical and a letter of recommendation for the surgery from my normal doc.  If you remember my doc said NO WAY to the lapband and gave me meth instead, I mean Phentermine.  Lupe said I could see one of their Physicians and they will give me what I need.  The sucky part is that their office is in Los Angeles, 50miles away from where I live! But I am going anyway, on FRIDAY!

My surgery date is almost here, I can practically taste it.  I was doing the happy dance all through Target (I was there when she called).

Some sad news, my buddy Rosario, who had her surgery approved and was waiting for a surgery date just lost her job and her benefits go out the window on Wednesday!  I hope she can find work fast and get benefits again so she can finally get her surgery.  If anyone knows how she can still get it, email me and I will let her know.

Thanks for all the good wishes and crossing appendages, it really helped!!

Thea

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Truffle Shuffle Girl! Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare